“It feels like an icebox in here! Why is my heater not working?” This is a question many of us ask ourselves at the worst times, usually in the dead of winter. Did you see the temperature this morning? It was in the single digits! Last winter was one of the snowiest seasons in Philadelphia history so who knows what could happen this year. If you have an emergency heater repair in Philadelphia call us 24/7 and we’ll get you back up and running! Emergency heater repairs in Philadelphia can be costly, but some of these repairs are preventable.
Emergency Heater Repair Philadelphia: Prevention is Key
Dirt is probably the biggest problem when it comes to heating system repairs in Philadelphia. It can negatively affect your heating system’s efficiency and waste fuel. There are three major components that should be thoroughly cleaned to optimize proper functionality: the filter, the blower, and the motor. Under normal use the furnace filter needs to be replaced at the start of each heating season and about once a month thereafter. To determine whether or not to replace the filter simply remove the filter from its housing and take a close look at it. Does it look dirty, dusty, or clogged? If yes to any of these then it is time to replace it. By cleaning or replacing your heater’s filter, it is one of the easiest ways to avoid emergency heater repair in Philadelphia.
Now if you are not a DIY kind of person then this next part might be a little tricky. STOP READING AND PICK UP THE PHONE! Green Heating, Cooling, & Electric is the best way to ensure your emergency heater repair in Philadelphia is done quickly and professionally! Ok, so now that we go that out of the way it is time to talk about cleaning the blower. It is very important to make sure to clean the blower assembly, belts, pulleys, and motor housing. To do so, remove access panel to get to the blower or the panel on the front of the furnace. Usually you must slide out the fan unit to actually get access to the inside of the blower (FYI grab your screwdriver because it should be held with screws). With a brush or damp cloth, clean each fan blade and space in between blades. Next vaccuum up and loose dirt or debris and make sure to wipe down the motor housing to prevent heat buildup.
If you are lucky, the motor you have is sealed therefore no more work is necessary. If not, then your motor should have covered oil ports above the bearings near the motor shaft. Its important to lubricate the motor annually to ensure proper use. Also make sure to check the belts while you are down there!
For more information on emergency heater repair in Philadelphia, read no further and dial 215-333-9700 and our professional and courteous staff will help you right away!
Electrician Philadelphia | How to Properly Maintain Your Fuse Box
Did you know here at Green HVAC that we do more than just fix your heating or cooling system? We have NATE certified Philadelphia electricians to handle all of your homes needs including most electrical repairs. Have you checked your fuse box lately? Most people don’t think about it, but you should periodically pay attention to your fuse box. Most modern homes have a circuit breaker panel that safely handles circuits and trips when a circuit has been overloaded. In older homes that still have fuse boxes when a circuit is overloaded you “blow” the fuse and it needs to be replaced.
A fuse box that is older or hasn’t been maintained can create a safety hazard. The fuse box’s responsibility is to interrupt the electricity flow if there is an overload. You should only have a certified electrician inspect your electrical system to prevent a possible house fire.
Electrician Philadelphia | Fuse Box Hazards and Safety Tips
If you need to replace a fuse in your fuse box, follow these safety tips and prevent possible hazards.
- If you need to replace a fuse in your fuse box, follow these safety tips and prevent possible hazards.
- Before you replace a fuse, shut off all appliances that are on the circuit and make sure to open the main fuse so you won’t get shocked.
- Make sure to choose the right fuse. Circuits for outlets only require 20 amps or less. Higher energy consuming appliances will require fuses with higher amps.
- There are different fuses for designed for different uses. Most fuses have a letter on them telling you what it should be used for. Example: “D” fuse is for appliances with an electric motor. “P” fuse is for appliances with no motor.
- It may go without saying, but since most fuse boxes are located in the basement or the garage you want to make sure you are not standing in any water. You could get shocked!
- Trying to do any repairs on a fuse box can be tricky so it is best to leave it up to a professional. Don’t know whom to call? Call GREEN for all of your home’s needs with our Philadelphia electricians.
Electrician Philadelphia, PA | Choose GREEN!
Heater Repair Ardmore | Heater Repair Havertown | Heater Repair Bryn Mawr
As the Fall has arrived and the temperature dips into the cold, some of us may be tempted to already turn on the heat. However, without the proper service you may end up damaging your furnace without the proper maintenance. Here are some tips if you need heater repair in Ardmore.
Tips For Heater Repair in Ardmore | Tips For Heater Repair in Havertown | Tips For Heater Repair in Bryn Mawr
- Before you try to do any maintenance on your heating system, you want to make sure that you are being safe. First, make sure you turn off the power to the system. The last thing you would want is to damage your very expensive HVAC system, or even worse, hurt yourself in the process. For whatever reason if you smell gas DO NOT try to fix it yourself! Dealing with a gas leak is like dealing with a bomb. At any moment your house could explode! Call emergency services immediately so they can check your home thoroughly.
- If you are looking for heater repair in Ardmore, you may want to start by simply replacing your air filter. It is one of the easiest maintenance tasks that you can do. The job of the filter is to catch dust and debris from entering the furnace where it can cause damage or get blown throughout the home. A general rule of thumb is to change the filter every season, however, with pets or high traffic in your home you may want to change the filter at shorter intervals.
- Once you have changed the filter, you may way to clean the inside of your furnace. Heater repair in Havertown is crucial to keep your system up and running. This can be as easy as vacuuming the area where the filter slides out or just taking a damp cloth and wiping down the inside panels, blower, and belts.
- Once you have done the basics, it is always a smart idea to call a professional to have your system serviced. With proper maintenance, you can avoid paying costly heater repair in Bryn Mawr. If you need a qualified service provider, choose Green Heating, Cooling & Electric for heater repair in Ardmore, heater repair in Havertown, and heater repair in Bryn Mawr.
Professional Heater Repair in Ardmore | Professional Heater Repair in Havertown | Professional Heater Repair in Bryn Mawr
Licensed Electricians Montgomery County
As the summer winds down and we gear up for the holiday season many people will start to decorate their home with different ornaments, lights, and other embellishments. Decorative lights, as pretty as they might look, can cause electrical fires if not properly handled. Remember these tips when using decorative lighting this holiday season:
1. DON’T connect every plug into one extension cord as it can start a fire or damage your homes electrical system.
2. DON’T leave electrical cords out where pets can potentially chew on them or people can trip on them.
3. DON’T pull an electrical cord out of the wall unless it’s from the base of the plug.
4. DO put safety covers on all unused electrical outlets.
5. DON’T keep anything electrical near water. All it takes is one mishap for someone to get electrocuted.
Remember these tips this upcoming season. Need a licensed electrician in Abington, a licensed electrician in Ambler, or a licensed electrician in Blue Bell? Call Green Heating, Cooling, & Electric for any of your HVAC needs. Proudly serving Abington, Ambler, Blue Bell and surrounding areas!
Do you have a bigger project around the house that needs to be tackled? Need electrical contractors in Ambler, electrical contractors in Abington, or electrical contractors in Blue Bell? Do you have outdoor lighting, indoor lighting, or a fuse box that needs to be updated? At Green Heating, Cooling & Electric our licensed electricians offer 24/7 availability for electrical repair in Abington, electrical repair in Ambler, and electrical repair in Blue Bell.
No job is too big or too small for our electrical contractors in Abington. Why choose GREEN? We are licensed electricians in Ambler, Abington, and Blue Bell and are fully insured for your peace of mind. We ALWAYS provide upfront pricing to keep our customers happy and make sure the job is done right the first time. And as always offer 24/7 emergency heating repair in Abington, emergency heating repair in Ambler, and emergency heating repair in Blue Bell. Honest. Reliable. Affordable. Choose GREEN for Licensed Electricians
As the summer winds down and you and your family prepare for Labor Day don’t forget to check on your air conditioner for repair or service. Things like leaves and grass may have gotten stuck in the filter this summer. Make sure to thoroughly clean your air conditioner out not only for peak performance, but also to keep your system running smoothly for next summer. If need be, replace your dirty air conditioner filter with a new one. Dirty filters can restrict airflow and cause your air conditioning system to run longer increasing energy use and increasing your utility bills. Also make sure to check all lines for any leaks that may have occurred. The last thing you want is a broken air conditioner when you need it most. Need a professional for air conditioner repair or service in Montgomery County? Call Green Heating, Cooling, & Electric for any of your HVAC needs. Proudly serving Bala Cynwyd, Fort Washington, Horsham, Plymouth Meeting, and surrounding areas!
Malfunctioning or leaky air conditioning systems in Montgomery County can cost you hundreds of dollars in wasted energy costs. Leaks not only occur in the lines of your air conditioning unit, but can also happen in your Montgomery County home. Make sure to check any weather-strips that look rotted or cracked. Also check around those windows for dried out or missing caulk. There are many ways air can enter/escape your Montgomery County home. Make sure to plug those leaks! When you need air conditioning repair in Montgomery County or AC installation services the most, make sure you call the best, call Green HVAC air conditioning repair. Don’t wait until your Montgomery County air conditioning system goes out completely! Whether you live in Bala Cynwyd, Fort Washington, Horsham, Plymouth Meeting, or surrounding areas have your air conditioner serviced and maintained before you need an expensive air conditioner repair. Having it serviced before it fails will save you from spending a lot of money and prevents headaches. At Green HVAC our certified professionals offer 24/7 availability for air conditioning repair or service in Montgomery County. Don’t sweat it, we got it. We service and install all major brands of air conditioning units in Montgomery County. Call us today 215-333-9700.
Air Conditioner service and repair in Bucks County during the summer months can be challenging. If you have considered buying a bigger room air conditioner for your house, think again. Just because you buy a bigger air conditioner doesn’t mean it will cool off your home any faster than a smaller unit. In fact it could have the opposite effect where it runs less efficiently and effectively. How is that possible? An oversized room air conditioner may cool off the room too quickly and trigger the thermostats “set-point” without having enough time to lower the humidity. Therefore it may be cool, but you’ll have that damp feeling inside your home. The whole objective of a new air conditioner was to make your home feel more comfortable not less. Are you in need of air conditioning repair in Bucks County PA or interested in a new air conditioner installation? Call Green Heating, Cooling & Electric today and have one of our NATE certified air conditioning contractors come to your home and give you a free estimate. Live better in a GREEN world! Proudly providing air conditioner repair throughout Bucks County including Newtown, Langhorne, Southampton, and surrounding areas!
If you are looking for air conditioner repair or service in Newtown PA call an expert with experience. Many times we ignore our HVAC systems until it breaks down and then we are stuck in hot home. Preventive maintenance is always key to maximum performance and effectiveness. By having your system checked annually with the proper tune-ups you can save hundreds or even thousands on your overall costs. Need a technician quick? Call Green Heating, Cooling & Electric for our $69 a/c tune-up special! While we are there we can also give you a free estimate on your home’s air conditioning system to make sure it is running at maximum performance. Honest, reliable, affordable….think GREEN! Call us today for a free estimate at 215-333-9700 or schedule a free air conditioning service appointment today! Proudly providing air conditioner repair throughout Bucks County including Newtown, Langhorne, Southampton, and surrounding areas!
Did you know…As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. So making smart decisions about your home’s heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a big effect on your utility bills — and your comfort. Think GREEN for all your HVAC needs. Call or visit us at www.GreenHVACair.com today!
The “Dog Days of Summer” are just around the corner! While changing the air filter is one of the simplest things you can do to keep your air conditioner working, a regular maintenance routine with Green Heating, Cooling & Electrical will keep your unit from malfunctioning during the hottest days of the summer. Remember to think GREEN and schedule your appointment. Call us today at 215-333-9700 or visit us at www.GreenHVACair.com