How to Choose a Home Heating or Cooling System
When your home needs heating system repair in Abington, you may not realize how much technology has changed since your system was first installed. Nowadays, you have more options than ever to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The experts at Green work with most top brands of heating systems and can help you make the best choice for a more comfortable home.
Heating and cooling systems are comprised of three main components, the heating source, the distribution system, and the thermostat. Choosing the right one for your home may be as simple and understanding a bit more about each.
- Furnaces-work with natural gas, propane, electricity, or heating oil
- Boilers-use the same fuels as furnaces as well as biodiesel blends
- Heat pumps-run on electricity or geothermal energy
- Active solar- may need to be combined with another heat source
- Electric-equipment may inexpensive, but the fuel costs are higher
- Forced air-duct system found in most homes and used with furnaces, heat pumps, and solar panels
- Steam radiant-older system most compatible with boilers, but cannot be used to cool in the summer
- Radiant heating-not used with forced air because there is no duct system needed, so it is good choice to reduce allergens
- Hot water and electric baseboards-well-suited for zonal heating systems
These regulate the distribution of heat and can be found in both traditional temperature-controlled units and more modern programmable units which allow the homeowner to set zones or times for systems to run.
With so many combinations, it can be difficult to decide which is the right for your home when you need heating system repair in Abington. You should think about the climate, the fuel sources available in your area, the size of your home, and other ways to improve energy-efficiency in your home when making your choice. Contact Green for more information about installing heating and cooling systems for lower energy bills and a cozier home.
For more information on gas heating in Philadelphia, read no further and talk to our professional and courteous staff will help you right away! No job is too big or too small for our heater installation technicians. Why choose GREEN? We are fully insured for your peace of mind. We ALWAYS provide upfront pricing to keep our customers happy and make sure the job is done right the first time. And as always offer 24/7 emergency heater repair in Abington, Montgomery County, Bucks County, Philadelphia and surrounding. Honest. Reliable. Affordable. Choose GREEN for all your heating needs.
Have You Considered Ductless Heating?
It goes without saying that the saying “Less is more” is quite applicable to your energy bill. Saving on your energy bill doesn’t just mean more money for you, but also a better outcome for the environment. Professionals who install ductless heaters in Philadelphia may have the perfect option for you. While it may seem like a big step to take before the savings set in, integrating a ductless heating system system is really not that difficult. By taking advantage of utility incentives and the expertise of heating professionals, you’ll be on your way towards reaping the benefits of a smaller energy bill in no time.
What Is Ductless Heating?
Ductless heating has major advantages over traditional heating systems (such as furnaces and boilers) by making ducts unnecessary. In systems where ducts feature a prominent role, you can lose a lot of heat through various leaks and poor conduction. In addition, you get less control over where the heat goes.
You’ll Save Money
When you opt for ductless heating in Philadelphia, you can reasonably expect to save up to 50 percent on your heating costs every month. Since the average homeowner pays about $875 for heating each month, that adds up to quite a lot of extra cash.
You’ll Have More Control
When you install a ductless system, you will be able to have several thermostats that each control a specific locations. Gone will be the days when a single thermostat sets the temperature for the entire house even though you NEVER need your basement to be a balmy 72 degrees! This is one of the main ways that mini split systems in Philadelphia will keep you from using unnecessary heat.
Ductless heaters in Philadelphia may be the solution to the angst that your energy bill is currently causing you. If you have an old furnace or a boiler, it may be time to replace it with an energy-saving, efficient system!
For more information on ductless heating in Philadelphia , read no further and dial 215-333-9700 and our professional and courteous staff will help you right away! No job is too big or too small for our heater installation technicians. Why choose GREEN? We are fully insured for your peace of mind. We ALWAYS provide upfront pricing to keep our customers happy and make sure the job is done right the first time. And as always offer 24/7 emergency heater repair in Philadelphia, PA and surrounding. Honest. Reliable. Affordable. Choose GREEN for all your ductless heating needs.
Electrician Philadelphia | How to Properly Maintain Your Fuse Box
Did you know here at Green HVAC that we do more than just fix your heating or cooling system? We have NATE certified Philadelphia electricians to handle all of your homes needs including most electrical repairs. Have you checked your fuse box lately? Most people don’t think about it, but you should periodically pay attention to your fuse box. Most modern homes have a circuit breaker panel that safely handles circuits and trips when a circuit has been overloaded. In older homes that still have fuse boxes when a circuit is overloaded you “blow” the fuse and it needs to be replaced.
A fuse box that is older or hasn’t been maintained can create a safety hazard. The fuse box’s responsibility is to interrupt the electricity flow if there is an overload. You should only have a certified electrician inspect your electrical system to prevent a possible house fire.
Electrician Philadelphia | Fuse Box Hazards and Safety Tips
If you need to replace a fuse in your fuse box, follow these safety tips and prevent possible hazards.
- If you need to replace a fuse in your fuse box, follow these safety tips and prevent possible hazards.
- Before you replace a fuse, shut off all appliances that are on the circuit and make sure to open the main fuse so you won’t get shocked.
- Make sure to choose the right fuse. Circuits for outlets only require 20 amps or less. Higher energy consuming appliances will require fuses with higher amps.
- There are different fuses for designed for different uses. Most fuses have a letter on them telling you what it should be used for. Example: “D” fuse is for appliances with an electric motor. “P” fuse is for appliances with no motor.
- It may go without saying, but since most fuse boxes are located in the basement or the garage you want to make sure you are not standing in any water. You could get shocked!
- Trying to do any repairs on a fuse box can be tricky so it is best to leave it up to a professional. Don’t know whom to call? Call GREEN for all of your home’s needs with our Philadelphia electricians.
Electrician Philadelphia, PA | Choose GREEN!
Heater Repair Ardmore | Heater Repair Havertown | Heater Repair Bryn Mawr
As the Fall has arrived and the temperature dips into the cold, some of us may be tempted to already turn on the heat. However, without the proper service you may end up damaging your furnace without the proper maintenance. Here are some tips if you need heater repair in Ardmore.
Tips For Heater Repair in Ardmore | Tips For Heater Repair in Havertown | Tips For Heater Repair in Bryn Mawr
- Before you try to do any maintenance on your heating system, you want to make sure that you are being safe. First, make sure you turn off the power to the system. The last thing you would want is to damage your very expensive HVAC system, or even worse, hurt yourself in the process. For whatever reason if you smell gas DO NOT try to fix it yourself! Dealing with a gas leak is like dealing with a bomb. At any moment your house could explode! Call emergency services immediately so they can check your home thoroughly.
- If you are looking for heater repair in Ardmore, you may want to start by simply replacing your air filter. It is one of the easiest maintenance tasks that you can do. The job of the filter is to catch dust and debris from entering the furnace where it can cause damage or get blown throughout the home. A general rule of thumb is to change the filter every season, however, with pets or high traffic in your home you may want to change the filter at shorter intervals.
- Once you have changed the filter, you may way to clean the inside of your furnace. Heater repair in Havertown is crucial to keep your system up and running. This can be as easy as vacuuming the area where the filter slides out or just taking a damp cloth and wiping down the inside panels, blower, and belts.
- Once you have done the basics, it is always a smart idea to call a professional to have your system serviced. With proper maintenance, you can avoid paying costly heater repair in Bryn Mawr. If you need a qualified service provider, choose Green Heating, Cooling & Electric for heater repair in Ardmore, heater repair in Havertown, and heater repair in Bryn Mawr.
Professional Heater Repair in Ardmore | Professional Heater Repair in Havertown | Professional Heater Repair in Bryn Mawr
Licensed Electricians Montgomery County
As the summer winds down and we gear up for the holiday season many people will start to decorate their home with different ornaments, lights, and other embellishments. Decorative lights, as pretty as they might look, can cause electrical fires if not properly handled. Remember these tips when using decorative lighting this holiday season:
1. DON’T connect every plug into one extension cord as it can start a fire or damage your homes electrical system.
2. DON’T leave electrical cords out where pets can potentially chew on them or people can trip on them.
3. DON’T pull an electrical cord out of the wall unless it’s from the base of the plug.
4. DO put safety covers on all unused electrical outlets.
5. DON’T keep anything electrical near water. All it takes is one mishap for someone to get electrocuted.
Remember these tips this upcoming season. Need a licensed electrician in Abington, a licensed electrician in Ambler, or a licensed electrician in Blue Bell? Call Green Heating, Cooling, & Electric for any of your HVAC needs. Proudly serving Abington, Ambler, Blue Bell and surrounding areas!
Do you have a bigger project around the house that needs to be tackled? Need electrical contractors in Ambler, electrical contractors in Abington, or electrical contractors in Blue Bell? Do you have outdoor lighting, indoor lighting, or a fuse box that needs to be updated? At Green Heating, Cooling & Electric our licensed electricians offer 24/7 availability for electrical repair in Abington, electrical repair in Ambler, and electrical repair in Blue Bell.
No job is too big or too small for our electrical contractors in Abington. Why choose GREEN? We are licensed electricians in Ambler, Abington, and Blue Bell and are fully insured for your peace of mind. We ALWAYS provide upfront pricing to keep our customers happy and make sure the job is done right the first time. And as always offer 24/7 emergency heating repair in Abington, emergency heating repair in Ambler, and emergency heating repair in Blue Bell. Honest. Reliable. Affordable. Choose GREEN for Licensed Electricians